Grand View Health is a leader in the healthcare community. Recently earned 'A' Grade for Patient Safety from The Leapfrog Group. Located in Upper Bucks County, Grand View Health is a well-established, independent hospital offering a full range of health care services. Our employees enjoy the best of both worlds by working for a top-ranked hospital in a collaborative, community environment. Grand View Health: Recognized for excellence, chosen for caring.
The Security Officer is responsible for patrolling and monitoring hospital premises to promote a safe environment. The incumbent is responsible for the mitigation of illegal and/or inappropriate behaviors.
• Performs preventative random patrols throughout the entire facility and grounds in order to maintain a safe and secure environment.
• Responds to internal and/or external emergencies according to Grand View Health’s rules and regulations in order to protect the well being of the parties and/or property involved.
• Provides general supportive services as outlined in the department’s Standard Operating Procedure in order to accommodate patients, visitors, fellow employees, and outside agencies.
• Enforces Hospital rules and regulations according to established protocol to assure a safe and secure environment.
• Performs traffic control, including enforcement of parking restrictions, in order to maintain orderly parking conditions.
• Provides access control by monitoring use of keys, pass codes, and personal escorts into locked areas in order to maintain security and to document these events and others which may be unusual in nature.
• Observes, investigates and reports events as part of loss control program in order to protect individual or Hospital assets from potential harm or misappropriation.
• Maintains an orderly facility according to set standards to prevent loss or damage to property.
• Performs hazard, accident, & inspection reporting activities as part of the Hospital’s Safety Program.
• Responds to crisis and/or fire “codes” according to established policies in order to provide assistance and avert problems.
• Acts as liaison with local law enforcement agencies in order to establish a cooperative front when dealing with issues.
• Complete all reports, logs, and records according to departmental standards.
• Participates in a variety of activities associated with the department’s Quality Assurance Program in order to provide for a safe and secure work environment.
• Assists Engineering/Maintenance and Environmental Services personnel in making the necessary preparations/arrangements for meetings and seminars.
CANDIDATE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma/GED Preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to make quality, independent decisions.